In this Solution article we will teach you everything you need to know about the custom Dashboard Pages.
We have implemented the Dashboard Page widget so that you can have easy access to a summary of your previously created reports.
What are the advantages of the Dashboard Pages?
- A quick overview of any previously created report.
- Auto-updating and Full screen preference setting.
- Interactive and detailed data.
- Perfect for monitoring your system's data in the background.
- Multiple reports can be displayed on one page.
Steps to create Dashboard Pages:
- After you have successfully created your Report Definition (see solutions article here) you can create a page, which will show the advanced report's data.
- Navigate to the Dashboard Pages Menu icon (listed under the Reports sub section)
- On this page you will be able to see an overview of your previously added Dashboard Pages as well as create new pages.
- To create a new Dashboard page, click on the +New Dashboard Page button in the top right corner of your page:
- Enter the relevant Page heading for your new Dashboard Page
- Choose the user Access roles who will be able to view this Dashboard Page
- Click on the Save button to create the new page
- After you have saved your Page preferences, you will have an overview of your page.
- These details can be adjusted at any time by clicking on the Edit button as shown below.
- Click on the +New Dashboard Page Row button to add report widgets to your page:
- Once the New Dashboard Page Row opened, select the amount of widgets you would like to add on the page.
- Select the Reporting Definitions you would like to include on your page (The data of these reports will be displayed on your Dashboard Page)
- In the case of using multiple Dashboard Pages, you are also able to set the Order Rank of the page displayed on the system's Menu.
- Click on the Save button in the bottom right corner after you have filled in the above mentioned fields.
- Your Dashboard page will now be generated by the system.
- If you wish to display the page for monitoring purposes the following features will be of great benefit:
- Auto Update Interval: The system will constantly refresh the data depending on the interval chosen from the dropdown. This means you will have a live overview of your data.
- Full Screen: Use this button to hide everything on your screen that is not relevant to the report summary. Note that the data will still be interactive even when the Full Screen is active.
- You have successfully created a summary page for your data.
- All your Dashboard Pages can be accessed on the menu icon under the Reporting sub tab as shown below: